I’ve always been aware of this whole ‘Make a List of Experiences to Have Before Kicking the Bucket‘ concept, or for my sake: before pushing up daisies, but to be honest, I never cared to create my own list until very recently (Aug/Sep 2015). With that being said, it still doesn’t appeal to me to call it the conventional Bucket List.
The notion of the Fuck It List was presented to me one night while watching ‘Not Cool’. The idea was that, instead of making a list of what you wanted to accomplish (i.e. hope to do, put effort into, etc.), it was a list of things that had to occur in the moment of hesitation and answered with, ‘Fuck It’, and you’d do it. It’s not necessarily to check things off, it’s more about facing fears. The way I understood it was, the Bucket let’s you have control (i.e. make plans for it), while the Fuck It gives you no control (i.e. letting go of what holds you back).
And so unfolds my Life List: the combination of the Bucket List and the Fuck It List to optimize having a full living experience.
Please Note: My list was created after turning 26, meaning I’ve done plenty so far (although I always wish I’ve done more). I am including some as if they would of been on my list. Plus, it’s good to note the completed as it shows how far you’ve come and encourages to go further. Another Note: These are only a few things out of my more extensive list saved somewhere else.
- Visit All 50 States of the U.S.
- Go through the Red Woods of the West Coast
- See Auroras in Iceland
- Google Flights ‘I’m Feeling Lucky’ and Buy the Tickets to Travel There
- Visit the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
- Kandersteg Alps Slides in Switzerland
- Tropea, Calabria, Italy
Travel on a LiveaboardJuly 2014 Travel with a StrangerNovember 2015
- Have a Meal at Duck & Waffle at the Heron Tower in London
- Scuba the Great Barrier Reef
- Swim in Crater Lake
Activities and Events
See the 14th Dalai Lama LiveJune 2016
- Grow My Own Cilantro
- Dive with a Mola Mola
- Sleep Overnight in an Igloo
- Plant a Tree
Go to a Sky Lantern FestivalNovember 2015 Run a Half MarathonJune 2017
- Visit a Bee Farm
- Raise a Cat and Dog Together
Try Acro YogaMarch 2015
- Try Aerial Yoga
- Go Zorbing
- Visit Rosa’s Fresh Pizza and Pay It Forward
- Donate Blood At Least 50 Times
Go to a Sky Lantern FestivalNovember 2015
- See Jack Johnson Live in Concert by the Ocean
- Milk a Cow
ParasailingAugust 2010, ParaglidingSeptember 2014, and Hang Gliding
- Smell a Bloomed Corpse Flower
- Learn How to Hula Hoop Dance
Register to Donate Bone MarrowAugust 2016 Get a TattooJune 2014
- Learn to Knit or Crochet
- Eat Frog Legs
- Swim with
DolphinsApril 2014, StingraysJune 2005, Whales, and SharksJuly 2015
Last updated: July 26th, 2017.